My NYE outfit + FOTD

Such a witty title, init.

My lovelies, 
I know I know, I'm a tad late but I'm wishing everyone a happy new year! Hope it's going to be an amazing one for all of you! :) 

The weather has been awful recently so I haven't been able to take decent photos and like I mentioned on Twitter already I can't stand half-hearted posts including blurry pictures. The pictures I took still aren't great but I really wanted to show you what I wore on New Years Eve though, including my FOTD [well just an attempt of it]. The rest of this post is just me waffling a bit, hope you don't mind!

 My foundation seems darker than the rest of my skin, promise you it isn't! Blame the lighting ha.
World's worst photographer boo!
When I started blogging I thought DSLRs were so overrated but as time went on I completely changed my mind. It doesn't have to be a DSLR though, but a good an expensive camera is a must if you want to make progress with your blog in my opinion. I may ask for one for my birthday so I don't have to use the one on my phone anymore which doesn't take proper pictures when it's not exactly sunny outside!

Anywho, on to my 'outfit' which isn't as amazing as some of those I've seen in different posts already, it's actually quite plain like most of my outfits. I've been wearing black tights and a slightly ruffled, hot pink/coral tube dress paired with a black blazer which turned out navy in the pictures, I swear it's black! Since I don't have any sewing skills it took me ages to replace the original black buttons with some golden ones but I think it does look quite impressive, doesn't it? 



Now on to the makeup, unfortunately the pictures don't do the look justice. I applied some nude lipgloss after taking the pictures above which didn't last long as I had a cheeky glass of bubbly or fifty to be honest. I'm not at all content with the last two pictures, those were the only ones which showed my makeup rather properly though. That one strand in the front is bothering me to no end! I don't take pictures of myself that often so this was actually the first time I noticed my blusher wouldn't show up in pictures at all but figured it was silly to add more for the picture as it actually did show up. Being the absentminded person that I am I also forgot to take pictures of the products I've used so I'll just list them in case you're interested.

products used:

primer: Benefit That Gal
foundation: Rimmel Wake Me Up in 200 soft beige mixed with Rimmel Match Perfection in 200 soft beige, strangely enough Match Perfection is a bit darker than the other one although it's supposed to be the same shade!
setting powder: Manhattan Soft Mat Loose Powder in 1 Natural
brows: Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in black brown
blusher: Sleek blusher in rose gold
bronzer: MUA Bronzed Perfection
highlighter: Catrice Prime&Fine Highlighting Powder
eyeshadow primer: TooFaced Shadow Insurance
eyeshadow: MUA Immaculate palette [shades 14, 22] + Undressed palette [shades 2, 3, 6, 12] - swatches of both palettes can be found here
mascara: Essence Get Big Lashes Volume Curl
[lipgloss: Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Max]

I also wore Models Own Pink Fizz on my nails, which I didn't take a picture of as I'm sure everyone who hasn't been hiding under a rock knows what it looks like! And that's pretty much it. Please excuse the quality of these pictures, the perfectionist in me is cringing but I couldn't go one more day without blogging ha! Hope you'll have a good week and enjoyed reading dolls! Link me up to your NYE posts!


16 comments

  1. your eye makeup looks amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you lovely, glad you like it! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Your eye makeup and hair looks lovely! I love the dress you have on as we'll!
    Hareem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, so kind of you :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aww you look lovely! Love the blazer and dress combo!
    Happy new year

    F xx

    http://thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francesca :) Love your latest blog post! xx

      Delete
  4. I love your dress and your eye make up!
    Happy New Year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A love your dress and you look stunning!

    Txx

    Www.fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is flipping gorgeous I need that!! x

    http://littlemissstudentbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get to a Tally Weijl store [I think it's an Austrian brand or something like that] that's where I got it :) So comfy and quite a bargain! xx

      Delete
  7. Love the outfit :).

    Sadie x

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stumbled upon your blog and loving it already. And you're gorgeous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you hun that's so kind of you :) Glad you like it xx

      Delete