MUA Concealers Comparison



from left to right: Cover Up Stick (fair), Cover&Conceal Wand (natural), Brush On Concealer Pen (radiant) and an extremely tanned hand.

Conceal&Brigthen Kit (porcelain)

Hiya lovelies! 

Today I thought I'd share my thoughts on the four different MUA concealers I own with you. A little while ago I've been raving about their products non-stop and I still enjoy using a lot of them on a daily basis, especially their eyeshadow palettes. Their concealers however can be a bit hit and miss. I've had these four for about a year now and will go into detail about each of these now.

Cover and Conceal Wand: This one is my least favourite of the bunch and the one I had the highest hopes for, ironically. It comes in a mere three shades and I picked up the lightest one called 'natural'. The shade matches my skintone quite well but the texture of this is horrible. It's quite runny and doesn't even give a light coverage. To be fair MUA calls this a 'light cover-up' but it's more like a cheap tinted moisturiser. I also noticed that the smell of this is really unpleasant. Personally I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but I'd love to know if you got along with it!

Brush On Concealer Pen: A potential dupe of the infamous Touche Eclat? Go on then. With a £2 price tag this is much more purse-friendly than it's high end sister. But how does it compare in terms of quality? Well I think it's lovely although it has a completely different texture. It doesn't feel as light and isn't as brightening as the YSL offering, it's more of a creamy formula with medium coverage. I really like it though and it's handy for touch-ups on the go.

Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit: Again, this comes in three shades as do most of MUA's base products. I got this in the shade porcelain and it's amazing. This is only £3.50 and contains three shades, a peachy, brightening concealer to cover dark circles, a more yellow toned concealer to cover blemishes and a cream highlighter. Despite not being a fan of creamy highlighters I really like the concealers. They're easily blendable and don't crease if you apply a setting powder on top. I'd really recommend this little kit if you're looking for a medium to high coverage concealer on a budget.

Hide and Conceal Cover Up Stick: I didn't expect this to be any good, to be honest I just picked it up because it was only £1. How wrong I was! This is actually lovely. It's easy-peasy to use and provides good coverage. The stick form allows you to get into every little corner of your face which makes it particularly easy to conceal dark circles and the redness on the sides of my nose. It's easy to blend and doesn't crease. I'll definitely repurchase this!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post lovelies! If you've tried any of these I'd love to know how you got along with them.






3 comments

  1. I have the Cover and Conceal one and I also wan't impressed. Looks like the others a lot better :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the conceal and brighten is my fave!
    I loved reading this post! A different one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Hareem, glad you enjoyed reading :) xx

      Delete