Favourites of 2013 Pt.2 - Lip Products

Hiya lovelies! Check me out posting twice in a day, ha!

Well that's what you get if you don't schedule your posts. Anywho, as the title of this post suggests, it's all about my favourite lip products of 2013. This was the year I managed to accumulate over 50 lipsticks, when all I owned before were five lip glosses. Blogging has made me discover my love for lipsticks and I can't imagine stepping out with bare lips ever again! So here are my top picks.


The Korres lip butter is a saviour for dry or chapped lips. It smells lovely and is one of the few lip balms that actually does what it says on the tin. I've been using this most mornings and evenings and might have to get some of the tinted versions this year. Another firm favourite is the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in 301 Dating Coral. The RCs are similar to the Revlon Lip Butters which I love, but I might go as far as saying I prefer these. The formula is just amazing and if you haven't tried them yet, what are you waiting for? Keep your eyes peeled for a review and swatches of another shade. 

2013 was also the year I bought my first MAC lipstick, and I've been addicted ever since. Bombshell was added to my collection during my trip to Berlin in October, it's the perfect pearly pink. Pink in the afternoon by Revlon isn't as shimmery, but equally lovely. This was actually my first Revlon lipstick but it certainly won't be my last! 

Rimmel is one of my favourite highstreet brands and I've used both, Apocalips and #107 from the Kate Moss collection a lot this year. The Kate Moss one is actually the most perfect wintery shade, no wonder that this is one of the most hyped Rimmel lipsticks out there! Last but not least comes one of my beloved YSL Rouge Voluptes. I wore Peach Passion a lot during summer, it's an almost neon peach shade which looks lovely with a tan. It also has the most gorgeous packaging!

As always I hope you enjoyed reading lovelies, I had to do a seperate posts on my favourite lip products as they were too many to put them in my previous post! Don't forget to leave your links in the comment section below. I'll be back soon with the last part of my 2013 favourites, so keep your eyes peeled!


4 comments

  1. I have a Korres Lip Butter gloss on my wish list x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the Rimmel lipstick shade! So pretty x
    Sophie Jenner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I'm a sucker for lip products and have been wanting to try the Korres Lip Butter as I've heard so many great things about it. I've also been wanting to try the YSL Lipstick but can't bring myself to purchase it! Again, lovely post and love your blog xx

    Btw, a fellow beauty blogger and myself are hosting a Valentine's Day Beauty Swap and would love if you could partake. I have posted the link down below and really hope you can take a look :)

    http://mascaraandcakes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/valentines-box-swap-uk-can-we-be-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge huge fan of Korres lip butters and I really want a YSL lipstick, just for the package ha x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete