January Favourites


Hiya lovelies!

After my three-part favourites of 2013 (which you can have a read of here) there hasn't really been anything new I've been enjoying this month. To me, January is the worst month of the year. It's cold, it's gloomy and there's absolutely nothing to look forward to. To top it all off, Christmas and the sales left me skint, which could only mean one thing: shopping the stash!

I had a good rummage through my Soap&Glory box and came across an old-ish tub of their Flake Away body scrub. I almost forgot how good this stuff is! Not only does it make you smell delicious, you also don't have to moisturise after using this, as it contains various essential oils. Which leads me to Peaches 'n Clean, a 3-in-1 cleanser which isn't drying and smells of fresh peaches, what's not to love? Speaking of skin care, my favourite moisturiser at the minute is Origins GinZing. Not only does it have an amazing scent, it's also deeply moisturising. Another January favourite is the Victoria's Secret body mist in Pure Seduction. This is a bit heavier than most of their offerings, it smells quite fruity and sweet and makes a nice winter scent, although it would smell equally lovely in summer. Their body sprays are great year round scents in my eyes.

Now onto the makeup bits I've been loving recently, the MUA blush has been sitting in my drawer for years and it's probably the cheapest blusher available on the high street. It's decently pigmented, finely milled and comes in quite a good range of colours. The one I've been using a lot lately has been shade #3, a slightly darker peach shade with a hint of shimmer. It's so easy to blend and looks really natural once applied, even on my NC20 complexion. Next are the Collection Deluxe lipstick in Talullah and the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick #5. The Collection one is the perfect pinky nude whilst #5 is a slightly deeper but wearable shade of berry-pink. Last but not least, I tried to paint my nails a darker colour as long as it's still winter but couldn't resist the summery pastels. OPI's Sweet Heart has adorned my nails for the past two weeks or so, I just can't get enough of this perfect pale pink!


Which products have you been loving this month? Have you tried any of the products mentioned?


8 comments

  1. That kate moss lippie & opi polish looks great, I would definitely wear those colours :)

    lovely post

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried any of these products but I do like the look of a few :) I've been obsessing over Naked 3 and L'oreal False lash wings mascara this month :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Victoria Secret spray and the MUA blush :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MUA blushes are amazing for the price! I've been loving my Naked palette this month :) xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find the I find the Victoria Secrets sprays really sweet x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the GInZing. I am almost out and definitely considering repurchasing. I also have the S&G products but don't use them that often. Think I might dig them out now! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks:)))
    Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete