Skin Detox Week - Clinique Moisture Surge Trial Kit


Hiya lovelies and welcome to the last instalment of the Skin Detox Week. I started this series with a Clinique review and that's how I'll end it, too.

After detoxifying our skin, it's now time to put that moisture back in so today's post is all about the Clinique Moisture Surge trial kit I picked up last summer. Like most trial kits this came with a small pouch I'll never use and it contains a mini Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relieve moisturiser, All About Eyes eye cream and their new-ish Moisture Surge Overnight Mask.

I've tried their moisturiser before so I knew I'd love it. What I love about the whole Moisture Surge range is that although it's fragrance free, it doesn't have the disgusting clinical scent some of their other products tend tohave. It has a lightweight, gel-like texture so you only need the tiniest amount to cover your entire face. This 15ml tube has in fact lasted me two months! However the most important part about this is that it instantly moisturises your skin and it takes no time to sink in as well. Seriously, it really is the best moisturiser I've come across in terms of hydration. My skin is quite dry most of the time but this always helps it to look and feel plump and moisturised.
The All About Eyes eye cream is basically the same formula as the moisturiser, it just feels a bit more cooling and has a slightly creamier texture, but it's still more of a gel than a cream. Also, how cute is this wee little 5ml jar? This lasted me as long as the moisturiser, as I only used a little dab under my eyes every morning. It sinks into my skin super quickly, which is great if you want to apply makeup on top. It keeps the delicate under eye area moisturised throughout the day without making makeup or concealer slide off your face.
If your skin needs a bit of TLC, Clinique comes up trumps with their Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. This has a thick but lightweight texture (think Origins Drink Up Intensive mask) and is incredibly moisturising. I apply this once a week before going to bed and wake up with soft, supple skin. It feels amazing when applied and you can almost instantly feel it working its magic. This came in a little 7ml tube and I got about 5 or 6 uses out of it.

The verdict: I can't recommend this range enough, I just wish it had a fancy scent! I loved using all three products and will purchase the moisturiser and face mask in fullsize once I downsized my skin care stash a bit. 

Have you tried any of these products?


2 comments

  1. Are these suitable for oily skin?I,ve been wanting to try this range for a while now.Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich will dein Schminkzimmer sehen :) Hast du deinen deutschen Blog nicht mehr?

    ReplyDelete