The Balm TimeBalm Concealer



Okay, so this review is long overdue. And by long I mean five years. That's when the lovely lady at the The Balm counter in Harvey Nicks (they used to stock The Balm) asked me if I'd like to have my makeup done, and who was the 17 year old me to say no? I hadn't even heard of the brand before and before I knew it she convinced me I needed their TimeBalm concealer in my life. Seeing as it's still available, I thought I'd review this concealer for you today. My first pot is still going strong, which is a bit gross when you think about it, but a little does go a very long way.

The TimeBalm claims to have anti-wrinkle properties and it even says on the packaging that it's "great for daytime, nighttime, and bedtime", although personally I'd never go to bed wearing concealer, but each to their own I guess. What is great about this is the wide shade range, there are nine shades ranging from lighter than light to after dark. I have the light/medium shade which works great when I have a bit of a tan. It also comes with one of the little sponges I never really have any use for. The formula of the concealer is quite hard and not creamy at all, but it does blend easily. To me, the best part about this is the coverage, this stuff literally covers anything! Unfortunately the TimeBalm creases under my eyes like nobody's business, which I wish it didn't, as apart from that it's such an amazing concealer. I'm thinking of getting this in the lightest shade (lighter than light) and use it as a highlighter as it has such fantastic staying power and doesn't look cakey on my skin. And now excuse me while I'm replacing my five year old pot with a brand spankin' new one!

1 comment

  1. I've never heard of this brand, sounds really good though! I'm always on the hunt for a good concealer, would love if you could check out my blog :)

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete