The Spring Beauty Edit






To me, spring is all about floral, fruity and fresh products. Seeing as spring has sprung(ish), I've picked my favourite products to share with you. 

LIPS - You know I've become quite the lipstick kind of girl - the brighter, the better. Some of my favourite lipsticks formula wise, but also shade wise are the Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks in Shocking Coral, Coral Pop and Coral Tonic. Can you sense a theme here? Other lip products to go with the whole coral theme are MAC's Coral Bliss, Revlon's ColorBurst lip gloss in Papaya and the Bourjois ColorBoost lip crayon in Peach On The Beach. I really enjoy lighter formulas come spring, think Revlon's lip butters in Pink Lemonade, Juicy Papaya, or Sweet Tart. The Maybelline ColorWhispers are just as amazing, if not better, and I absolutely love the shade Pin Up Peach. If you're in the States I'd definitely recommend picking some up! A more easily accessible alternative is the L'oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in the shade Dating Coral. If you're after something more opaque, the YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in Peach Passion is for you. This blogger favourite is probably the most luxurious of the lot and would make a great pay day treat. 

FACE - I'm a huge fan of the dewy look during the warmer months and happily trade my full coverage foundations for light and illuminating bases. One of my favourite products to achieve a dewy, glowy look is the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I use this as a primer under the Revlon Nearly Naked or Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, both of which have a light to medium coverage. For adding a slight flush of colour to the cheeks soft corals and pinks are the way forward. The MAC Mineralize Blushers in Azalea in the Afternoon and Petal Power from their Fantasy Of Flowers collection are the most beautiful shimmery spring shades. A more subtle option would be Nars Daydream, a soft coral shade, and, in case you still want to add a bit of a glow, I'd recommend the Soap&Glory Glow All Out highlighter.

SKIN - All the makeup in the world isn't going to help if your skin is lacking moisture. One of my favourite quick fixes for dry or dehydrated skin is the Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask. The peachy scent just screams spring! If you love fruity scents as much as I do you should also try their GinZing moisturiser. To stay with the whole fruity theme, the Soap&Glory Sugar Crush scrub and The Body Shop Vineyard Peach body butter will leave your body smelling good enough to eat. If you don't have the time to exfoliate and moisturise, you may want to spritz on a light spring fragrance. The Victoria's Secret body mists are the perfect alternative to perfumes as they aren't too overpowering. Another favourite of mine is the Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey perfume, a fruity floral spring fragrance. 

NAILS - Nobody wants to sit around for ages, waiting for their nails to dry when the sun is out, so the super quick drying Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail polishes are a must. They come in a wide range of shades, most of which are really summery and they also just released three new gorgeous pastel shades for spring. These are some of my favourite nail varnishes, I might have to treat myself to some new shades!

I hope you enjoyed today's post lovelies, it took me ages to peruse my stash and pick the most spring appropriate items. Did you spot anything you'd like to try? Let me know in the comments below!




4 comments

  1. I loved reading this - those BarryM Nail Paints look amazing - I really need to pick up some more shades!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I want to raid your stash so much right now! Great picks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED a barryM nail polish !! Those colors are so cute !
    Cait || http://copycattt.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab edit! I'm going to go and get one of those coral lippies!

    http://everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete