Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation



I recently asked you lovely lot over on Twitter what your favourite high street foundations are, and a lot of you recommended the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. I have never tried a Revlon foundation before so when Boots had their 3 for 2 mix and match offer going on, I picked up a bottle in the shade 130 Shell. As most of you might know already, this one doesn't come with a pump, which has to be the most annoying thing when it comes to foundation packaging. Why would anyone want a foundation bottle without a pump? Anyway, the foundation itself is a lovely basic everyday foundation with a light to medium coverage. Although I do love my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (can I say foundation one more time), I really like that this doesn't contain any shimmer, it's perfect if you're going for the natural, no makeup-makeup look. I wouldn't say it's dewy, it just gives a nice natural finish and most importantly, it doesn't go cakey during the day. There are ten shades within this range and Shell is quite a good match for my skin tone - I'm a NC20-25 in MAC foundations for reference. You don't need to use a lot as it blends very easily, the only downside to this is that it doesn't last as long as other high street foundations. You do get a good six hours wear out of it though, just a heads up if you are after something long wearing. It also has a SPF of 20, which is great now that the sun's coming out every now and again. All in all I really like this foundation, it's a fuss-free (apart from the missing pump situation), natural looking everyday foundation. Since Revlon is on 3 for 2 in Boots at the minute, why not treat yourself to a new foundation and one of their new Matte Balms, and bag yourself a free lip butter on the way?

Have you tried the Nearly Naked foundation? What's your favourite high street foundation?

1 comment