The Ugly Heroes - Great Products in Disguise

Hiya lovelies, I hope your week's going good so far! I'm really stressed out at the moment to be honest. My boyfriend hasn't been feeling well the last couple of weeks. It got so bad he was admitted to hospital on Tuesday and we only found out the reason for his condition last night. I've been crying non stop on Tuesday because I'm such a worrier, but luckily it turned out to be nothing too serious, thank God! However, I really want to keep up blogging this time, so here we go.

Now lets be honest for a second. How many times have you fallen victim to lovely packaging, only to find that the product inside wasn't all that great? Now imagine it was the other way round - great products with shoddy packaging which is just too ugly to photograph for the blog. Today I thought I would give these products some well deserved praise, because you wouldn't neglect a nice person just because they're ugly, would you? Alright, getting a bit too dramatic here but you get the drift.

I obviously chose a proper bad picture to get my point across - no I didn't, it's just a bad picture - soz!

If you can get your hands on Essence products I suggest you do [check Wilko]. They have some amazing high quality products which cost less than your morning coffee. This blush doesn't seem exciting at all when you look at it but, let me tell you, it packs a punch! It's pigmented, blends effortlessly and lasts longer than your avarge blusher. It has a slight sheen to it, too, which means you can go cray cray with your highlight if you wish - and who doesn't want that?

I'm pretty sure I don't have to go into detail about Wet'nWild products. You lucky people living in the US! They are cheap as chips but deliver some amazing results. Just Peachy is the perfect peachy nude lipstick for my yellow toned skin and Pinkerbelle is an exact dupe for MAC's Viva Glam Nikki lipstick. They do feel dry when applied but they're actually comfortable to wear. I also really like their eyeshadow trios. They were the bee's knees when I started blogging a couple of years ago and everyone was eager to get their hands on Walking on eggshells. The trio contains three neutral (but very shimmery) shades, one for all over the lid, a darker crease colour and a highlighting shade. All of them are very pigmented, especially the two lighter shades.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder has been my go-to face powder for a good eight years now. It's cheap, comes in six shades and keeps shine at bay throughout the day. I've tried a lot of powders in the past but nothing compares to this. It never looks cakey and mattifies for hours. For those of you who love that dewy glow - stay away! I always make sure to have at least one back-up at home as it's a product I always come back to.

Next up we have the MUA Hide&Conceal concealer stick. Now, I've never been a big fan of stick concealers. I always found them hard to blend with their waxy consistency and they usually went patchy on me after an hour. This one however has a lovely creamy consistency and suprisingly lasts the whole day without going patchy. The only downside is that it comes in three shades only - but for £1, you really can't expect more, can you?

Now the next one is kind of a dupe and I've written an in-depth review if you fancy a read. The Garnier Moisture Match is not as unsightly as the other products, and it's definitely a plus that it comes in a tube rather than a jar but still, it's not the moisturiser you'd proudly display on your dressing table. It's a lovely, light moisturiser nonetheless and I really recommend giving this a go if you haven't already!

Last but not least, the Collection Deluxe lipsticks. I was sent these back in 2013 by the lovely Adrienne [The Sunday Girl] and fell in love the first time I've tried them. They're super creamy, pigmented and longlasting, so you don't have to choose between comfort and not needing constant touch ups. They smell quite nice as well which is always a bonus and not something you'd expect from a £4 lipstick. They come in ten lovely nude, pink, and red shades, so there should be a shade for everyone.



Phew, so these are my ugly heroes! What are yours?

No comments