Origins Facial Greats gift set


I received my first Origins product - the Drink Up mask - for my birthday last year. I never really spent a lot on skincare before, I just used whatever moisturiser (or cleanser, or mask) was lying around, mostly drugstore ones. It wasn't until I tried the Origins mask that I realised, spending money on skincare may not be the worst idea so high end skincare has been on top of my shopping list since. When I spotted the Origins Facial Greats gift set in the sales for £15 I obviously couldn't resist a bargain, seeing as the mask alone retails at £22! It came with the Drink Up Intensive mask, a travel sized Modern Friction, nature's gentle dermabrasion and a useless, but cute little sponge.

The Drink Up Intensive mask has a completely different texture than its 10 minute counterpart, it's really thick but not greasy at all. In fact it feels like velvet on your skin and doesn't leave it overly shiny once applied. Despite the difference in terms of texture, the Intensive version has the same peachy scent as the 10 minute mask, which is just lovely. Seeing as it's an overnight mask you wouldn't want to get it all over your pillow, and the fact that it sinks in rather quickly definitely helps. My skin is quite dry but anytime I apply this I wake up with smooth, plump, and hydrated skin. This little gem has earned itself a top spot in my skincare stash! This brings me to Modern Friction. I've read some rave reviews about it before but wasn't ready to fork out £33 for something I didn't know would work for me. It's basically a creamy exfoliator which doesn't contain any harsh scrubbing particles but loads of natural ingredients that help remove dead skin cells (check their website for a more scientific description). And it does exactly what it says on the tin! It's very creamy and gentle but does a great job at exfoliating my skin, god knows how this works! You only need the tiniest amount too so a little goes a long way which is always a bonus. Although it's pricey I would repurchase this product and I think it's particularly great for dry/sensitive skin. I am yet to try an Origins product I don't fall head over heels in love with, my poor bank balance!

Have you tried any of these products? What's your favourite Origins product?


3 comments

  1. I have the Drink Up Mask and totally love it, only use it once or twice a week and think it is amazing x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear so many good things about the drink up mask!

    alice xxx | beauty blog | beauty channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post and your blog in general! so unique. i would love it if you looked at mine, its all about lifestyle, fashion and trends!
    have a lovely day. xo

    ReplyDelete