NARS Guy Bourdin Daydream Blush - Worth the Hype?




I gave in to the hype guys! Last month I purchased my first NARS product. It's the Daydream blush from the Guy Bourdin collection, a light peachy shade. When this landed on my doorstep, I couldn't contain my excitement any longer, ripped the packaging open, took pictures and started swatching right away. And that's where it all went wrong..


You might know I'm not one to shy away from writing negative reviews, mainly because I think they're just as helpful as positive ones, and might even prevent you from spending money on things that aren't worth it. This review however gave me such a hard time. I really wanted to love this blush and refused to write anything but a rave review, but I wouldn't want to lie to you either so here goes, a not-so-rave review.

Let's start with the packaging, which is the classic black rubber packaging most Nars products come in, merely the cardboard box has a Guy Bourdin print on it. It contains 4.8g of product and has a mirror in the lid, always handy for when you're on the go. The blush itself is the loveliest peachy shade and seems to be the perfect every day blush. But when I tried to swatch it.. let's just say I wasn't happy with the result at all. It hardly showed up and I had to almost scratch the surface to get a decent swatch on the back of my hand. However, it does show up on my skin quite well which is strange. The Nars lovers amongst you are probably going to hate me for this but, so far I don't think this is worth the hype nor the £22.50 price tag. It's a lovely shade, it just doesn't blow me away and I'd even go as far as to say I prefer my beloved Sleek blushers. I expected the formula of the Nars blushers to be silky soft and highly pigmented, seeing as everyone raves about them. Instead it's chalky and poorly pigmented. Maybe I just got a dud one? I'm actually really sad this didn't live up to my expectations! Having said that I'd still love to try their Sheer Glow foundation and the Radiant Creamy Concealer, and hopefully I'll have better luck next time I decide to splurge on a high end beauty product!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on NARS blushers! Have you had similar experiences with them?


8 comments

  1. That is a stunning colour :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried Nars blushes!Will definitely give this a go!
    xoxo
    Rachel
    chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nars for foundation but I've not tried one of their blushers before - might give it a miss to be honest. Sleek blushes are fab! xxx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they! Would love to try their foundation! xx

      Delete
  4. In a way, I am glad you didn't rave, as at least I am not lusting after this like crazy now! Plus it is so helpful to read honest reviews. That said, don't give up on Nars -Sheer Glow is amazing, and their other blushes have impressed me so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help :) I think I can't resist trying some more Nars products haha xx

      Delete
  5. Aww what a shame-this is one of my faves of the moment as well



    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's strange, isn't it. Might try some more products though! xx

    ReplyDelete