Holiday in a compact - Urban Decay Beached Bronzer






I have to admit I couldn't wait to get my hands on this beauty when I saw the first pictures online earlier this year. How stunning is the packaging? I'm in love with the rose gold/palm tree combo! That being said, I also have to admit that I was a bit on the fence with the product itself. But lets start with the facts. This bronzer, which is part of their summer collection, comes in two shades, Sun Kissed and Bronzed. I have the shade Sun Kissed which is more pink toned as opposed to Bronzed, a slightly darker and, as the name would suggest, true bronze colour. For £20 you get a cute little compact with 9 grams of product and a mirror in the lid. The bronzer isn't completely matte but contains the teeniest amount of shimmer, which isn't detectable once applied though. According to the UD website it uses HPP technology, which stands for Highlighter Performing Pigments, whatever that is supposed to mean! Now let me get this out of the way, for those of you who have been wondering - I don't think it's a good one for contouring but, to be fair, it doesn't claim to be. It's not overly pigmented, like the bronzer from their Flushed palettes, which I actually prefer in an all over bronzer as it's difficult to go overboard with it. Also, and this is a huge plus, this is one of the most natural looking bronzers I have ever come across! It's great for pale skins, and having quite pale skin myself I can attest this doesn't go patchy or streaky during the day. This also makes it a great product for those who've always struggled with bronzer. I usually apply my bronzer using the Real Techniques powder brush which is super big and fluffy - a couple of swirls and voilĂ  - sun kissed skin in an instant.

Do I think it's worth the splurge? Well, maybe. Pigmentation wise, there are better bronzers out there, like the Soap&Glory Solar Powder. But if like me you're a sucker for pretty packaging, or if you're in the market for a fuss-free everyday bronzer, go for it!

What's your favourite bronzer? Do share your summer must haves with us!

No comments