Bliss skincare - straight from the spa



Another TK Maxx bargain, this Bliss set comes with a full size Fabulous Foaming face wash, a full size Triple Oxygen moisturiser and five Thats's incredi-peel spa-strength glycolic acid pads. I took this on vacation with me to give it a thorough test since I haven't tried anything from Bliss before and never have I fallen in love with any product as quickly as I did with these. They all have a different scent but each product smells divine and very spa-like indeed.

The sky blue, two-in-one cleanser and scrub is a cleanser you want to use in the mornings to wake up dull and tired skin or as a second cleanse rather than a cleanser to take your makeup off with. It's a gel-like texture which ironically doesn't foam and therefore isn't drying, it just feels really light and refreshing on the skin. It has loads of tiny little grains in it so it's exfoliating without being too harsh and I also found my skin isn't as tight after use as it is when using foaming cleansers. Fabulously Foaming contains glycerin, rose hip extract, passion flower and chamomile which all sound great to me. A little goes a very long way which is great, especially when it comes to more expensive skincare. It's not as expensive as Oskia's Rennaissance cleanser but at £19.50 it's not exactly cheap either. Unfortunately, when looking this up I saw that it contains microplastics which dampens my enthusiasm to be honest. I've never been fussy with my skincare or ingredients in general but the older I get the more I seem to care about sustainability and safe products. Anyone else feeling the same? Feel free to let me know of any more eco-friendly brands in the comments!

The Triple Oxygen Energising Vitamin C face cream is a.) a mouthful and b.) really lovely. The light gel texture has a fresh and zesty scent and again, a little goes a long way. It's one of those gel textures which feel luxurious and not too watery on the skin. It reminds me of the Origins GinZing moisturiser which I love, both feel nourishing despite sinking in really quickly. My skin can get really dry and this does a good job at keeping my skin looking fresh during the day. It contains hyaluronic acid and, as the name would suggest, vitamin c to deeply moisturise and brighten the complexion. The moisturiser is £46 for 50ml which is quite expensive and the ingredients aren't the most eco-friendly but it is a lovely moisturiser. In fact it's one of the best I've ever tried!

Now, as an avid reader of Caroline Hirons' blog I'm quite sceptical when a product says "clinical strength" but boy, the Incredi-Peel glycolic acid pads do pack a punch! The square pads are drenched in a gel-like glycolic acid solution which does tingle a lot. They contain glycolic acid (obvs), vitamin e, licorice root extract, calendula flower extract and glycerin and 30 pads are £41. I do have to say with these you get almost instant results as opposed to the Pixi Glow Tonic or Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix for example as the Bliss ones contain a much higher percentage of glycolic acid (although I just can't find how much it is exactly!). Since they're really expensive and my little gift set came with a pack of five pads only, I'm saving these for special occasions.

I'm super impressed with their skincare and would purchase the whole range if it wasn't for the naughty ingredients and the hefty price tag.


I'd love to hear your thoughts on Bliss products and eco-(un)friendly products in general!

No comments