Soap&Glory Sunday #12 - Face Powders







Glow All Out - Peach Party

Hiya lovelies, hope you're all enjoying your weekend! I've been meaning to write today's Soap&Glory Sunday for such a long time now, as I hardly ever talk about their makeup range on here. I absolutely adore every single makeup item I have tried from them, albeit not having tried as much as I have from their bath and body range. Today's post is about a couple of their face powders, namely the One Heck Of A Blot mattifying powder, Peach Party blusher and Glow All Out highlighter. Brace yourselves for an(other) ode to Soap&Glory!

One Heck Of A Blot - £12 - a translucent powder which helps keep shine at bay. The sturdy plastic packaging is perfect for touch ups on the go, as it comes with a mirror in the lid. I also think that the embossed print and vintage packaging make it look a lot more expensive than it actually is. Performance-wise it definitely lives up to its claims, for me anyway. But then again, my skin isn't overly oily, so I can't comment on how it performs on oilier skin types. The powder is finely milled and a light dusting all over the face does the trick - don't overdo it as it will go cakey! This being said, there are cheaper alternatives out there which are just as good (e.g. Rimmel Stay Matte powder) but the Soap&Glory packaging is just too pretty to pass up, plus, it's a lot more travel friendly as you don't have to worry about losing the lid!

Peach Party - £11 - is a blush brick which means it's more of a hard pressed powder as opposed to a lightly pressed powder such as One Heck Of A Blot - if that makes any sense. It takes a bit of elbow grease to get a decent amount of product onto your brush, since this isn't as pigmented as it looks in the pan. As you can see it's made up of four different shades which mix together to create a peachy golden shade. I do quite like this blusher and it looks lovely during the warmer months - although the shade is a bit too tan/golden for my liking, so I tend to use this on top of other blushers to really make the shade pop. Peach Party might be a good dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks..I might have to investigate! Solely for blogging purposes of course.

Glow All Out - £11 - this is by far my favourite out of the bunch, although it comes in a cardboard packaging. This highlighter, or luminiser as Soap&Glory like to call it, has the most gorgeous pinky champagne colour. It's SO soft, it almost feels like a cream highlighter and out of all the highlighters I've tried so far (I've tried a LOT!) this has to be my absolute favourite. It doesn't contain any glitter or even shimmer, it just gives the most amazing glow to the skin. The pictures above don't do it justice! I could go on about how beautiful this is for hours, but I guess you have got better things to do, haven't you? Then all that is left for me to say is, get your derrière down to Boots - these gems are on 3 for 2 at the minute!

Have you tried any of the Soap&Glory face powders? Which one is your favourite?


2 comments

  1. Lovely review, i've not heard of some of these... Glow all out looks super pretty! x

    style sunrise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post I have wanted to try these powders for while thanks for sharing!

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete